We are continually ushering forward to spring and this is a good time for those of you whom are busy to scale down and purge to be ready for the new. In my life I make it a ritual to take inventory in my life as well as my things and see what needs to go and build from what remains. Looking at the things you have accumulated and or thinking about the emotional changes over the year can be depressing but if you look at the positive side I promise you nothing but rewards.
All it will take is your willingness, dedication, and a new perspective to clear the way. Cleaning and clearer is a big part of reclaiming your power and grabbing hold of things that may have gotten away from you.
So if you are tired of the hours spent daunting over it or actually doing it here lies the minimalist guide.
- Define– Be clear on what is you are actually trying to accomplish. When you know the reason you are doing the thing you can begin to master it. This is the time to identify and be specific on what you need to remove and why. You may also look at what you want to keep.
- Get organized– Start from top to bottom. Control your environment so nothing gets out of control. Be creative use what you have to down size.
- Who can use what you no longer need– Donate your items to a charitable organization that will benefit from the things you no longer have use of.
- Detach– Those things that you have grown to hold because you are attached to them will now need to go. Have a ceremony and thank the item and bless it to a new home.
- Don’t purchase for the next month- Make no new purchases while you are cleaning out. This defeats the purpose of cleaning out… Take time to see what you are left with before you begin to bring in the new.
- Pick three days where this is the only thing you do. If you have other obligations you wont be dedicated to getting your spring cleaning done.
- Have fun– Invite family and friends over with wine and food to help you go through your items. It is nothing better than to laugh and have a little support along the way.
- Reward yourself for a job well done when you can feel a new breeze of blessings floating in the air.
Do feel better already just the thought of removing, replacing and replenishing. Take the next few weeks to get these things done and be open to receive the new bountiful blessings that God has in store for you.
Love Light & Blessings,
Danica N. Worthy