Blogging is like a personal diary the only catch is that the world gets to read your inner most thoughts, and unique insights. It took me a while to realize that as I like alot of my peers wanted my blog to go viral because in my mind I am a genius and people want to here what I have to say. After starting my first blog and not getting that much traffic I couldn’t understand why I hadn’t made the top 10 list of something. HA! I was in my feelings and ready to quit.
After investing in myself taking courses on how to become visible, or turn my passion into profit I got over whelmed. The new information and million of voices, and expertise in my head blew a fuse and I tapped out. By the end of 2014 I had shut down my website in hopes to seek some clarity and come back to the blogging world stronger with a vision of my own.
Are you a blogger frustrated that your voice isn’t being heard? In your industry is it overcrowded with geniuses repeating the same verbiage?
If your ready to stand out in the crowd I have some tips for you to implement immediately but keep in mind that nothing happens overnight. My hope for you is that you wont give up and that you find your voice and share your experience plus expertise to those who are out there and need you right now. It took me sometime to realize that my story matters to those who are assigned to me and will help me to act in my purpose. I became aware that I was actively working with my niche in my everyday life. I needed to build my confidence through my work by acting, I needed to move past my limiting beliefs through self discovery, and create my blog with purpose and strategy.
Here’s 10 Tips To Blog Like Your Story Matters
- Change your thoughts– What you think about your contributions is paramount to the flow of creation. What you are thinking will either compel or repel others to connect with what you’re are writing. Know that your story matters and have confidence that your words will reach those it was designed for.
- Get clear about your story or stories– What is that your saying? Get crystal clear on the messages that you are working to convey. Your experiences and life are not just one subject there are sub stories break things down with clarity and heart felt truth.
- Be okay with criticism– Everyone will not like you or even get you and that is okay. Give yourself the gift of knowing that you are deserving and your voice matters. Except criticism from those you like and trust all the other stuff is noise and distraction.
- Go beyond the limitations– Affirm that there are no limits. if you are running into problems when it comes to your blog i.e (resources, finances, content, community) don’t let this be the catalyst to you giving up. There are to many resources for you to not let your voice be heard.
- Guest Blog– Guest blogging is awesome it puts you in front of a new audiences and helps you to build relationships with other entrepreneurs. If you have been the best kept secret in your industry now is the time to pitch to guest post. If you are ready to be seen respond in the comments I can help you with this.
- Be consistent – Life happens and we have no control over what happens in your life. Get strategic and pre- plan your blog post. Use an editorial calendar and be a head of the game. I use Regina Anaejionu Epic Blog check it out here
- Write a pillar post– A pillar post are your How To’s and Ultimate Guides. These post are packed with helpful information and allows you to utilize your voice, style, and bring your unique thoughts to the forefront.
- Participate in blogger tweet chats– Engage in twitter chats for bloggers and add your expertise to the conversation. You will become a visible, and credible in your arena. Give value don’t just take and you will create lasting friendships as well.
- Don’t go at it alone– Find a partner to share your experience with, hold each other accountable, and by all means enjoy the process of becoming seen and heard.
- Attend blogging conferences– Surround yourself with like minded individuals. Invest in yourself and sign up for a blogging conference of your choosing. Get involved in the community and realize that you are valuable.
I really hope that these tips are helpful and would love to hear from you in the comments section on other ways you can blog like your story matters. If you are willing to go beyond and turn your blog into a space that is visible I stand with you in your experience.
love Light & Blessings,
Danica N. Worthy